Social Icons

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

[23.11.2011] Day 3 part 2

So naturally being guys, the next conclusion we had after walking around looking at exhibits were to go and EAT and shop around. We decided to go try this place Times Square in Seoul. This place was easily connected by the train and we went. 

 

As usual with us, after we had lunch we had coffee.. again.. hehe








Steve Jobs?
High On Life!






After dinner the boys decided to call it a day as it was really starting to get cold.. BUT.. I had a better idea! hehe.. As I had to take the train to my backpackers north of the river, I decided to make a detour... As you guys remember from my earlier post I said i'd show you guys something amazing... Check out the Cheonggycheon at NIGHT and at the front of it!.. 

But that time it was about 9-10 at night and the temperature was dropping. Also at that moment in time, there were protests in Seoul due to the Free Trade Agreement that was going to be signed with the US. The area was very near the US Embassy, so the area was teaming with riot police... I really pitied them that day standing in formation and tactical gear (not winter clothing mind you) waiting and praying nothing happens I guess.

Anyhow back to the area... The place is truly lovely.. At night with the lights on it was spectacular... I heard that if its near Christmass, the area will be filled with Christmas decorations and lights and the tree.. 


Where the water starts.. 



The green orbish thingy is a wishing well.. throw a coin!















Dont forget that nearby this area there is a lot of other sites to see.. But hell I was freezing and if I remember correctly I had started losing senses in my fingers hehe and I still had to catch another train back to the Backpackers... (Note: Last train is somewhere around 11)


The Admiral


The famous turtle ship






Behind this statue there is a tunnel heading down to the train station and you can buy tickets to JUMP! here with proper discounts summore!







Thats it for day 3! :D


1 comment:

  1. hey, Cheonggycheon looks amazing at nite imr! really love it!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post?