Social Icons

Saturday, October 6, 2012

[5.10.2012] Resident Evil, Itallianies, XRider, Dome

Last night went out with Madamme to catch the latest Resident Evil Movie. We went to GSC Gardens as i really liked the cinema's there as its bigger for guys with err.. bigger bums like me. haha.. However I must say that its FREAKING COLD! haha... 

As usual, before the movie we went to grab a bite to eat first. As we were walking around looking for some goods to get for madamme, we walked by Itallianes and got hypnotized by the great fragrant smells coming out of its oven's which were placed nearby the escalators... So we ended up having dinner in Itallianies.

I still have no idea what this is called. Its bread for you to dip in that plate of olive oil and vinnegar




 



After getting a wiff of the warm bread and as we were craving something nice, we decided to have a go at their smoked salmon pizza... For those of you who love sushi and sashimi, I really do recommend the pizza as the crust was light and the salmon was thick and really flavourful.. :D Alaike! I had actually been craving to have the chicken parmagianna at Itallianies however the waiter told me that that's only served for their lunch sets... Anyhow more reasons for me to go there during lunch i guess!

Now well on to the movie, despite the fact that I heard crappy reviews about it, I was still a fan and curious as to what the heck happened to the characters after movie no. 4.. I have watched all the movies and played some of the games (Scary stuff is not my forte), so i really wanted to have a go. 

Here's a preview of the movie ..

In my opinion the movie was on the bad side as told by some of the reviews and as I think they are just prolonging the movie and trying to squeeze whatever is left from the movie franchise. The constant arrival of newer and bigger baddies/zombies ends up being a question of how much more CGI can they use before the whole movie becomes an animated film. 

When watching the movie thought i kept on being bugged by this question : How did the zombies learn how to run and how come they have become more... animated and can chase after cars!

The battle scenes are a bit dumb too as bullets seem to hit and destroy everything except the characters... and characters frequently jump into the line of fire when the other side was shooting machine guns... Guess my paintballing days and frequent firefights have taught me a valuable lesson.. DONT RUN INTO THE OTHER SIDE'S LINE OF FIRE.. 

All in all this movie I would give a 5.5 out of 10. I give credit to the fact that there was some sort of storyline in this movie and that was quite interesting as they went to different cities and through different scenario's.

Anyhow, as we were leaving the cinema, we suddenly heard some shrieks and a saw a crowd of people around looking at something... Naturally coming out from a zombie flick, I immediately thought.. damn cardio.. i cant run if its a zombie.. (YES I DO THINK ZOMBIES CAN BE REAL! We have lots of crazy people who act like zombies anyhow.. I have read the zombie survival guide.. Have you?)

 It turns out that the shrieks were coming out of this box which had a girl in in screaming her lungs out!.. Ok2 That sounds bad.. Actually outside the cinema (i dont know why i didnt notice this!) there was the XRider simulator. The Simulator can simulate on 6D( According to them) and it has several selections of rides and that you can choose and looking at the people who left and tried out the place, I think its quite fun. We didnt try it as we were kind of tired after the long day at work, traffic and the movie. 

Anyhow when you are inside that thing, I dont recommend you be too expressionate or scream your lungs out as theres a video there which showcases you to the outside world and hehe it can have some humourous results.. 

The prices are about 10 ringgit per person I believe and I think you can get RM60 for 2 rides for 4 people if I am not mistaken. 


Here's some pics. 






Yes we can see u
The selection of rides



Before we left and called it a day, we decided to go to Dome and chill out as it was really early.. 


Mine.. 


Hers.. 




2 comments:

  1. eih, i was at Gardens too on that day! didnt see u there! haha! would love to try out the xrider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Awh darn.. Yeah! I would love to try that out too..

      Delete

What do you think of this post?