Social Icons

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

[16.10.2012] Organic Food & Scotts Garden

 Lets just get things straight.. I am not really all that too health conscious.... But I do like my greens and I do like my beans... :P

Anyhow the other day I picked up madamme from work and decided to go to Scotts Garden which is located in Jalan Klang Lama.

Frankly there's not much there except pubs and some more pubs, also amongst all that there was this restaurant called  Chef Lim's Organic Kitchen...

This restaurant is premised upon the whole idea of Organic Food... So what is organic food?

Wikipedia tells us that its
"... foods that are produced using methods that do not involve modern synthetic inputs such as synthetic pesticides andchemical fertilizers"

Aha! Now you must think... thats grass.. Technically no it isnt.. coz even grass nowadays has fertilizer and insecticides and what nots... But lets not focus on that.  lets just go on to the better question of whether the restaurant is any good?

 To me, it was! The place looked really awesome and the menus have a huge selection. You are spoilt for choice between the choices of chinese, western and local cousines...



The hidden extra space to the right
When we entered we noticed that the place had more waitresses than customers/patrons.. but since it was a weekday and upon closer inspection, I realised that the place could open up into a huge area as there was a separating wall that actually hid another huge part of the restaurant and I believe all those waitresses were actually ready and waiting just in case they were needed for that room. But all this wasnt so bad as this also means great service for us! Hahaha

Anyhow we didnt order much that night.. I was adventurous and tried the Tom Yam Ramen and Madamme had her pasta... On top of that we ordered some japanese salad and had this herbal tea which had a strong scent of ginseng... hehe and for some reason the cups were in small containers which.. err highly resembled the urine sample containers... Yum!

Pee in a cup time..



Japanese Salad

 So hows the food? It was great actually... and the portions were huge!  I loved that the salad was really tasty and I really tried to lap this one up as i found it to be really light and flavourful..

Now my tomyam ramen is another matter.. It was served in a HUGE bowl and IT WAS REALLY HOT! haha I burnt my tongue on the noodles but I think it was really worth it! I am officially a fan now.. The tomyam wasnt the malaysian sad tomyam sort but the real thai tomyam with some santan in and really packed some punch..



Yummeh tomyam

Madamme's spaghetti

 Overall I really enjoyed the experience eating at this restaurant.. The ramen was really wonderfully cooked and the salad was too.. I couldnt remember how madamme's spaghetti tasted like, but I remember that it wasnt bad but then I was having too much fun with my ramen!


Here's my review! 
Ambience/Decor 4/5 (yes but the location was.. err!)
Service and attention 5/5 (extremely with the number of people on hand)
Food and Taste 5/5 (Tummy agrees!)
Price 4 (Some things were expensive but normal and reasonable, but some were cheaper and worth it!)
Probability of frequent returns 4/5 (Yes! But I dont know when I'll be back..But I miss the ramen already!!)


So I havent blogged about the place yet.. Thing is I see the place has got a lot of potential.. but right now its filled with pubs and bars and new-age bars with darts and karaoke centres.. But in the middle of it all there is a nice water garden of some sorts... Who knows if it will turn into publika... Finger's crossed!









5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I go through this post. It really contains an interesting content which attracts the users.
    For any information ,log on to govitatoowoomba.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe looks great and looks like it contains all the important nutrients for a healthy body. Thanks for sharing this post!
    Organic Food Toowoomba

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post?