Social Icons

Saturday, October 6, 2012

[6.10.2012] Violence Against Women

Yes Violence against women! I know all you lava's out there must be going .. "Where got!" "I love my girlfriend and/or wife!" and "I would never do such a thing!".. But be that as it may, there still are people out there who still do these things. I know I may be preaching to the wrong choir here, but bear with me here, this is not just a post on Violence Against Women.

Here's the statistics:

Only 1 out of 10 rapes is reported;
More than half of women 'rescued' from various sex establishments were under 18 years old;
There were 3,101 reported cases of domestic violence in 2004!

And here is the quotes:

"At least 1 in 3 women are beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime" - The United Nations

"It is estimated that, worldwide, 1 in 5 women will become a victim of rape or attempted rape in her lifetime." -The United Nations"

"Women ages 15-44 are more at risk from rape and domestic violence than from cancer, motor accidents, war and malaria" -The World Bank

Anyhow, I received an invite the other day from Mei Ying to attend the Paint It Purple Private Launch Party organised by AWAM (the All Womens Action Society) and The Pixel Project.

This event is targeted to raise awareness in line with the Domestic Violence Awareness Month and was held at Leonardo's Restaurant at Jalan Bankung in Bangsar. So after a long morning of washing and polishing my car, I got a call from bro Fadzly to go attend the function and not long after that, I found myself staring at a camera lens not of my own to give my quick public service announcement against violence against women. 

Admission to the event is by donating RM 40 and with that you receive a box of 4 "Paint It Purple" Cupcakes. The Specoa; "Paint It Purple" party cupcakes are designed and provided by the Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia. 


The Cupcakes
Additional Bijou Cupcake
Such a cupcake




As it was also an awareness project, we got some details about the plight of women nowadays from the brochures...












 At the event, the participants were asked to record their public service announcement against violence against women.



Here come's bro Fadzly's turn..

Preparing the texts..







All in all, a good event! Anything to support all the lovelies and to not allow any of them to be Raped, Sexually Harassed or physically and/or mentally abused.

For those of you however who needs help or want to help please feel free to contact the following

All Women's Action Society
The Pixel Project

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahh.. Now, I know what event that you attended! Lol.
    Yeah, ladies to be loved and protected!! {exclamation mark)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post?