Social Icons

Thursday, October 18, 2012

[18.10.2012] Rain and Fire Drill

Rain!!!! Yes rain!!! I dont mean the rain the singer dude.. But i mean RAAAAIN!!! Hehe.. I love rain, i love the recent rains in the evenings and the rains on saturday or sunday mornings... Rain = cooler temperatures= happier less sweaty and more comfortable me.. However I find that a lot of people tend to complain when it rains... Frankly, I find humans weird that way.. They complain its too hot, and when it rains they complain that it rains.. Idiots I tell you.

Anyhow this morning I was extremely late as the LRT system broke down and after an hour and seeing only 3 trains passing by, I was totally fed up and barged into the next train and thought huh.. this aint soo bad.. Little did I know I had a guy taller than me breathing down my neck.. and mind you the train was going SOOO SLOW.. and at the end I felt some burning sensation down my back.. Eurgh.. 

And this week, the whole office has been abuzz with people jumping around due to the impending Fire Drill.. The company takes the QHSE protocols really seriously and judging by how we prepare for a fire drill, I can understand why we have the best track record in terms of safety in the industry. Anyhow I have been barraged by numerous questions this week of when is it going to be? Give me a hint? Can I wear something nice tomorrow? All because I was one of the appointed Fire Warden (involuntarily i must say!) and people wanted to know when to skip it...Hah! Unlucky them.. coz even i dont know! haha.. If i could, i would try to avoid it to...  And I guess when you ask, god gives coz I was late this morning and the fire drill was TODAY! Hahahahahhahaha.. So there I was walking along to the office and when I walked by this tree reserve area.. There was the whole office fanning themselves !

I arrived partially towards the end and the person who took over my stuff passed me my vest and torchlight and I gladly took over.. (Score! No need to walk down 13 flights of stairs!!!)

So here's a few pics of the place.. It was a new place near KLCC. I think Standard Chartered Bank sponsored the makeover of the place and it really looked nice.. I was told that last time the place was a drug addict's den.. hehe







Anyhow at the end of the day.. i stayed back kinda late till about 845.. then realised it was raining.. haha LOVELY!.. I love the rain when it falls and gets shined up in the lights and looks like snow.. I tried to take a pic... but theres only soo much you can do with an iphone.. So.. here's the pic.. till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?