Social Icons

Thursday, January 31, 2013

[28.1.2013] Burger Addiction

Recently i've been having a lot of time on my hands with working on my ideas and projects and just hanging out.. And recently i've been staying up a lot and (naturally based on my appetite and the size of my waist), I have been having a lot of late night snacks... these range from the typical bread or Peanut and Butter Jelly Sandwiches to burgers.. hehe..

I love burgers... I really do.. I have them when I'm feeling down, I have them when i'm feeling peckish.. I have them when I am hungry at night...  and recently I have realised that over the past few weeks i've been having a lot of burgers.. and in Malaysia, you can get the normal Mcdonalds burgers which taste ok and is filling and all, but nothing beats the typical Malaysian burger stall or Ramlee burger stall which delivers a patty smothered in sauces and topped with lots and lots of mayonaise.. (typically malaysian style, but I hate mayo)

here's how a typical ramlee burger looks like...

Taken from here
Taken from http://jenkinyat.com/2009/08/19/ramly-burger-daging-special/

And the above burgers are  "special"... which roughly means the burger patty is wrapped in egg..

There are different types of burgers you can order and normally in Malaysia you have the following options


HOW TO order a buger form a stall in Malaysia... generally state the following :


Daging (Beef) or Ayam (Chicken) or a benjo (which is an egg burger)

and it can be special or not  (meaning with egg or not)

and it can be with cheese or not.


basically those are the typical or traditional types of burgers..

For those of you who dont know how these burgers are made, here's a video of how the stalls look like and how its made..



Anyhow, I just wanted to share some of the burger's that i've had recently which ranged from the home made burgers to the ones bought at the stall...

Here's the burgers from Bobby Burgers which can be found in Taman Permata or AU5 Kuala Lumpur..






The Selection/Menu

I ordered the bangsar babe special beef burger which was just.. MESSY... haha it was satisfyingly messy but good but since I was not the type to eat too much sauce... it was a kinda pungent for me as it had barbeque sauce and mayo and chilli which became a concoction for goodness haha..


Next is the Old Timer burger in Chillies.. which is just amazing..



Look at that beef patty... I ordered with some cheese and their chilli sauce I think which had minced beef and it was ok.. I mean its great and all.. but it lacked the satisfying goodness of buying a burger from a stall..

And then theres the new type of burgers which are the recent hype in KL.. which are the burger bakars (which literally means burnt burgers.. ) These are burgers which are cooked over a grill instead of a pan and when the craze started I think from this stall called Burger Bakar Kaw Kaw, the queue to line up for a burger was about 3 hours?

Here's a video of the place..


Anyhow afterwards, most places started coming up with their own versions of burger bakar and this stall which I frequent also came up with their own version...My brother tends to buy these burgers for his late night movie sessions and/or mayb when there is a football game on..


Taken from http://mamatisya.blogspot.com/2012/08/burger-bakar-ninetynine-99.html


Yummeh..
Hmmm... it does seem that i've been having a lot of burgers recently... and I think that its not only me who is going crazy about it.. I generally think most malaysians do as from my research.. there's sooo many posts going on and on about it.. But i guess to each their own and I guess you cant go wrong with burgers..

My friend did tell me that her ambition is to quit being a lawyer and just flip burgers on an island.. hehehe.. Guess from the above, you cant go wrong with that...

Till then! :)

5 comments:

  1. Beverages and Desserts Moe’s Pizza and Subs is more than just your go-to for quality homemade food, it’s a Greensboro staple. Located conveniently off of Bridford Parkway on

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a site where you can watch Korean dramas, movies, webtoons, and videos for free.
    https://mtpang.com/%eb%a7%81%ed%81%ac%ec%82%ac%ec%9d%b4%ed%8a%b8/

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blogs.its very useful.Student Cheap Premium Account Marketplace - cheepx
    visit our website :
    https://cheepx.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blogs.its very useful.The Palladium – Condo for sale in Iloilo City Business Park
    visit our website :
    https://arreorealty.com/property/the-palladium-condo-for-sale-in-iloilo-city-business-park/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home - Gratitude
    Your guide to experienceing more gratitude. Get inspired, stay positive, visualize your goal and journal your feelings with the gratitude app.

    nice blog, visit Home - Gratitude
    https://yourgratitudejourney.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post?