Social Icons

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

[27.01.2013] The Impossible

Hey guys.. I recently watched the movie the impossible.. yup.. the IMPOSSIBLE...





Not that impossible.. hehe.. but this impossible...




Yeah that one.....

So whats the movie about you must be asking? Well basically its based on the true story of this family who went through the impossible when a Tsunami struck the island of Phuket... The story tells of how the family got split apart and the troubles and dangers that they went through in trying to survive the following days and how they got back together...

I think that the movie has great promise as its centred on an event that occured soo close to our country..and its soo unbelievably true.. also, the acting by Naomi Watts was extremely superb and I could totally understand why she was nominated for the awards for her acting in this movie..

I was actually quite interested to watch this movie as I had been to phuket.. twice.. and nowadays when you visit, almost everywhere will have the signposts showing the Tsunami escape route.. I had seen the dvd peddlers try to ply their ware and almost everywhere was a copy of the tsunami that hit Phuket.. but I never really thought that it was as bad as what had happened in Acheh...

However after seeing how they re-enacted the tsunami and the debris all I could think of was.. how the heck did people even survive that.... I mean this is hollywood... its bound to be 100 times worst in real life... and then I wondered where I was during the entire thing  (law school) and how little I helped..

Anyhow, I really3 liked this movie.. I think the amount of attention that was given to the details were superb but then there are some parts which seemed to be too dramatically played like at the hospital when the Lucas and the dad kept on missing each other.. but apart from that I actually really loved this movie..

Do I recommend it? Yup! (together with some tissues)

What would be my rating? I'd give it a 4.5/5... totally worth it to watch that.. Till then.. hope you enjoy it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?