Social Icons

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

15.01.2013] T-ara and Golden Disk Award

Hello everyone... I'm sure you guys know how much I love T-ara and other K-pop bands right? 

Anyhow remember how last time I went to watch their showcase in KL and how disappointed I was about their show and how FAR i was from them that I almost didnt see anything?

Yeah.. so a few weeks ago I came to hear about the Golden Disk Awards which is South Korea's equivalent of their Grammy's... and that I heard that it was going to be held in Sepang, Malaysia! and so together with that starts the constant discussions between some of my friends on whether we wanted to go or not...

Then came the pricess... The most expensive goes for about 900 bucks and at this time with my recent withdrawal from the employment field and the setting up of my business, it seemed like thats too rich for my blood.. I need to survive as long as possible... So with a sad sad note, I had to reject the thought of attending that show... Then came a tweet and my friend informing me that T-ara would be arriving tomorrow and since I was free, I had every oppurtunity to go and meet them... and so I did... I managed to convince a friend of mine to accompany me to Kuala Lumpur International Airport which is located about 70 Kilometers away from my house. 

The next day I waited for the fan clubs to post pictures of their departure from Seoul and adding a 6 hour flight time, we managed to estimate that their arrival was around 9pm... Not the best time I wanted as at that hour, definitely there would be throngs of fans waiting for their arrival.. Anyhow.. What the heck I thought.. YOLO right! 

So were there a lot of people there? haha.. Heres my first view of the arrival hall...


Not that many people right? Hahaha.. Yeah I thought that this must be my lucky day! I would definitly have a clear shot to at least see them... and then the waiting began... Checking at the arrival schedules, the only flight arriving from Seoul around that time would only arrive at 950.. so we waited... and waited..

Then both of us decided to abandon our perch and get in with the crowd... and I made small talk with some of the people.. I knew that anyone who was waiting at the arrival hall with a camera had to be a fan and due to the fact that (I only found out later) that other artists were arriving in the same flight that some of these people wouldnt be T-ara fans.. but still i made small talk.. haha.. and then I realised that some are very shy to admit the fact that they were waiting for Kpop idols to arrive at the airport and so my conversations went as follows:

Me: Hi... waiting for someone?

A: Yeah... 

Me: Who?

A: Owh.. someone (ddnt really answer)

and I had to be a bit cheeky and press on... 

Me: Artists is it? (hahaha)

A: Yeah... (with a phew!)

Still not satisfied...

Me: Owh.. Who?

A: Errrr

I was holding back laughs and tears at this moment... 

Me: Kpop stars is it...?

A: Yeah... (haha cats out of the bag look)

Me : Owh.. Who?

Etc.. etc etc...


hahaha I kept on using the same lines on about 4- 5 people and none would admit that they were awaiting the arrival of Korean Idols.. I have no problem about it but I guess some people can be shy about things... But from these short conversations I managed to get some pretty good info and we were told that instead of the arrival hall, the stars would be arriving through the main departure hall.... and off we went...

after arriving there only then did we realise that I was dead wrong about there being soo few fans around...because they had already been waiting and making lines!!


and then at about 11 slowly bit by bit the idols started emerging and it turned into total chaos.. haha...


As for me, I wasnt really trusting of the information and we had run downstairs to the arrival hall again and then waited and waited till the line thinned out and we decided to head up...

It turns out that we had missed F(x) and some other people but havent yet missed out on T-ara...

After hearing a few shrieks and shouts, we realised that that policemen and security were ushering the groups out one by one and i managed to take the following pics using rapid shots...



and


and felt totally like a paparazzi.. haha...



and then I realised that this wasnt going to work... my shots per second was too long and then I decided on video instead...

when T-ara came out I was ready and managed to capture the following...




Was it worth it.. sure.. I WAS SOO NEAR to them and I am sure they waved at me.. hehe.. So I guess it was totally worth it to go... but then I still havent had the chance to be really3 near them.. So this should suffice for now hahaha...


Anyhow,  I have just enabled some reactions.. Please let me know what you think of the video in the reactions BELOW! Till then.. !

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?