Social Icons

Monday, January 21, 2013

[25.11.2011] Korea Trip Last days


Hey guys... Sorry to not end the posts about this trip.. The original plan was to finish the post about the Seoul trip before a year has passed and unfortunately I have failed you in that due to the drama in my life.. and then lo and behold its 2013 already... So since this has been soo long, i'll just finish this up in one post.. 

Anyhow its winter for most of the readers outside of this jurisdiction and unless you are on the other side of the equator, I really envy you.. Hahaha.. I dont know why but I have this fond affection for all things wintery.. I love the bare trees which have no leaves which seem to sway with every breath the wind takes.. And I really love the winter jackets (that seem to just compliment everyone's figure.. haha) and lastly the smell of frost in the air which smells like my refrigerator sans the smell of poultry and fish but has that slight twang of cold mist to it.. Also another good thing about winter is that you have every excuse to keep on going to the coffee shops... The joy of holding a hot cup of coffee or warm choc is totally awesome...

Anyhow I want to finish this blog entry... So after the first few days of walking around, I had wanted to visit the DMZ.. But after consulting with Min, the proprietor of the backpackers that i was staying at informed me that most of the guests did not get to go as its full for the next few days...So all i was left to do was walk around the city and I had contemplated going to Nami island where they filmed the very popular Winter Sonata but since I was trying to cut down on expenses and since i wasnt a fan of Winter Sonata, I decided to stay in and chill out with the people..

Later on that day the boys invited me to go to shopping for souveniers... We went to Namdaemun and shopped for some of the souveniers... 

What's in Namdaemun? Well basically its like Central Market in KL but korean.. haha. and you can haggle here and also buy lots of stuff for family and friends. 


Me at the market
Buying brooches and stuff for mom.. 









Anyhow, the market is a nice place to go and buy souveniers and to see how the normal koreans shop I guess.. theres everything from tupperwares to food there....


Afterwards we were starting to get tired and adjourned to this Starbucks where I encountered some really helpful ladies yet they couldnt understand when I asked for "water"... ended up I sat down and gulped my coffee... haha

Anyhow, afterwards, we decided to go myeondong which was the shopping area equivalent to Bukit Bintang in Malaysia... and over there we went nuts.... hahaha

We have an inside joke amongst us that there is a Jin (ghost i think in english) in myeondong which makes us buy stuff everytime were there.. and guess what we got down there and went nuts shopping for SNSD stuff. At that time they were heavily promoting their new album which came out a few weeks earlier and we bought that and a lot more.... 

Here's some of the haul we got at SPAO.. 




Hehehe a fanboy's wish come true... I got the autographed sealed pics of Seohyun (my bias) haha and some of their albums...  :D Awesome haul...

We then proceeded to walk around some more



And then whilst walking around we decided to take pics with Seohyun herself whois the embassador for the face shop there..




Afterwards we called it a day and planned to go see the TV stations and recording studios in Korea.. but then we kinda failled in that.. haha...

We met up the following day and decided to chillax and have lunch and then we split off for that day. The following day was my trip back to Malaysia and I spent the whole day looking for additional stuff to bring back to KL and also stuff to carry the posters and such back... I managed to secure the premium seats again on the way back and of all the people I could sit next to in that plane, I managed to sit next to a senior lawyer from another firm who knows my boss.. hahaha.. BIG WHOOP!

If I remember correctly, I wasnt sure whether I wanted to come back to Korea.. however thinking back now.. I would definitely love to go again with a proper budget and planning... 

And that ladies and gentlemen ends my korean adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?