Social Icons

Thursday, January 24, 2013

[24.01.2013] Good Vibes

Hey guys! Selamat Menyambut Hari Maulidur Rasul.....

Dunt have much to say now but just wanted to share stuff that happened yesterday where I attended some events which were more or less related to what I was doing for my business and some to just purely network...

The first event was a talk on becoming speakers and trainers which was held at the Kuala Lumpur Bar and being there, I couldnt help to feel like I was the dinasour in the room as 99% of the attendants were WAY WAY WAY younger than I am... anyhow I felt that the talk gave me some things but ended up with some bad aftertaste which I cant put my finger on...  Anyhow later I attended the Young Coporate Malaysian talk given by the Managing Partner of Ernst and Young who lo and behold is a Perlisian! Not that many perlisians make it into uni and it was great to see one who made it very far ahead in life..He was a good speaker and gave a lot of insights into his failures and his struggles and some motivational tips too.. Apart from the talk, I  also had the chance to meet plenty of young corporate people and people who were doing well at such a young age... It was a fantastic feeling to be there as it gave me the chance to feel that sense of wow I can really do it.. and yet on the other hand there's some disbelief about it all and feeling as if I was in Kidzania and its all totally played out... haha

I couldnt hide my feelings last nite though as I felt like I had my few minutes of fame as suddenly hands were approaching left right centre to shake hands and I had to answer questions from people interested in my business concept.. haha I suddenly had my rockstar moment and had to pitch and present and discuss with people who were asking not bad questions about the biz.... at the end of the day, I am pretty elated with what I have done.. i've gotten some good feedback and some oppurtunities too... 

I sometimes dont believe that the youth can do much cause were always struggling with trying to learn this whilst trying to minimize mistakes yet trying to do our best whilst managing friends, family and a love life and financial accounts..  But then I see some people last night who manged to do all that and are really young..  and then when I think back.. the founding fathers of this country werent that far off from where I was when they made the push for this country's independence. Anyhow.. just wanted to share that and wish everyone a happy holidays.. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?