Social Icons

Friday, March 8, 2013

[29.1.2013] Istana Bamboo


Mom invited me to join her and her friends for lunch the other day. It was supposed to be a buffet lunch at the Istana Bamboo (Translates to be Bamboo Palace) along MRR2 and for me that sounded just fine.

When we arrived, we arrived a bit earlier than everyone else.

The place looks nice with its bamboo huts and a small paddy pond placed nearby the huts...

Istana Bambooo










so since we were going for a buffet lunch, I was thinking ok lets really enjoy the food... So when we arrived all that was prepared was the Asam Pedas, Veggie, Rice and some ikan bakar. The lady said that more will come later as it just started.. This was weird to me as it was 1215 already and i thought ok.. Malaysian timing, mayb it will come later... Also available was ABC which is air batu campur and also some drinks and kuih..

I piled on my rice with the asam pedas and took the ikan bakar... and then thats it.. 


It turns out that the food wasnt really that replenished and then there was no additional food... What the lady had promised was not there but fair enough for RM9.90 who else would allow you to eat that much right? 

But about half an hour later my mom's friends arrived all 9 of them and seriously food was scarce.. and the remaining food was soo little.. It ticks me off to be lied to by some restauranters and seriously how hard is it to be honest about what you are offerring.

The asam pedas was good but seriously, I dont recommend for people to come here for lunch.. or at all for that matter. I have been here for dinner with friends and the service was LOUSY.. The food is ok.. but the service was bad.. I had finised eating and they didnt think to clear the plates.. and the thatched table is sticky and seriously apart from the ambiance and look of the place, there is nothing to be offered. 

I TOTALLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

Istana Bambu,
Lot 841, Jalan Hulu Kelang,
Ampang.
Tel: 4251-4717


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post?